Tuesday, August 29, 2006

The End of Summer

Wow! I am finally back home from a packed summer schedule. Honestly, it's like stepping out of Narnia-- as if time stopped here and ages passed during my time on the road. There were so many amazing things that took place I can hardly process it all! Oh, there were definitely hard times, but I wouldn't have it any other way. Here's what my schedule looked like over the past few months:

  • June 10-30, Matamoros, Mexico, speaking and leading worship
  • July 12, First Baptist Greenhill, leading worship
  • July 16-August 5, New Orleans, speaking and leading worship
  • August 9, First Baptist Killen, speaking and leading worship
  • August 11-12, Clements Baptist, leading worship
  • August 13, FBC Rogersville, leading worship
  • August 16, The Edge, Rogersville, leading worship
  • August 20, FBC Rogersville, concert

I have some great memories from all of these places. Here are just a few that stick out.

  • The airline lost BOTH of my bags on my way to Mexico, but got them back within 10 hours (possibly a new record for quickest recovery time!).
  • I drove to New Orleans. (no correlation to previous mention of air travel...)
  • Had a blast with the summer staff at The Gateway in Mexico. They were 'bout it, 'bout it!
  • Learned to laugh at my own jokes because no one else seemed to "get it."
  • Great conversations with too many people to list.
  • I saw a great awkward moment between a guy and girl in a coffee shop. I think I'll write the full story later. "Just like old times..."
  • Great encouragement from my friend Anneli about my calling in life.
  • Seeing many students answer God's call on their lives.
  • One student sharing his faith with a convenience store clerk between 2 sessions of an evangelism conference.
  • Knowing God was with me every step of the way.

These were just a few, but there are so many more. I would like to say thanks to all the churches and organizations that I partnered with this summer. I know I'll look back over this season many times and be encouraged. Was it hard? Yep. Was it worth it? Definitely. Am I ready to go again? Absolutely.

-heath

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home