Thursday, August 09, 2007

Summer Update

Hello everyone. It's been a while. Thanks for checking back in to see how things are going. Sorry that the only post you've seen for a couple of months was about left lane drivers. I hope they haven't wreaked havoc on your summer travels, or worse, that you've become one of them. :)

Another busy summer has come and gone and now I finally have time to update you on my goings on. There have definitely been some crazy moments. The summer got started with a bang. Literally. I broke my left thumb playing basketball. Amazingly enough, I was still able to play guitar, but thankfully, I didn't have to. God, in His perfect planning, had given me speaking opportunities for most of the 4 weeks I was in a cast. My first worship leading event was the weekend after the cast was removed. Awesome. Being in a cast was very challenging for me. Everyday things became difficult. To top it all off I had 8 days straight at the beach. In a cast. But I learned a lot from the experience. Especially that we are supposed to use the gifts God has given us or He will take them away.

My schedule this summer was a little different than it has been in the past. God is really at work moving me in a new direction in ministry. There is a lot going on behind the scenes that I will share at some point in the future. Because of this change, most of my summer ministry was added to the schedule very late in the season and didn't get put on the calendar page of my website. I will be putting the events I did on the calendar page of my site shortly. A little backwards, I know, but better late than never. That reminds me of the Christmas my cousin gave me a nice leather bound planning book for a gift. The only problem was that the calendar was for the previous year. She wondered why it was discounted so much... I just told her I would look back and remember the things I did and pencil them in. Apparently I'm good at living in the past.

One moment I don't want to relive happened earlier this week. I was invited by some friends to go tubing down a creek. These "friends" also provided the "raft." It floated. Barely. It was also bright red and tiny. I'm pretty confident it also had a warning label on the package that denied it could be used as a flotation device and not to leave children with it unattended. I should have made other plans. After 3 hours of laboring to navigate this thing downstream it finally busted. Leaving me with a 200 yard walk past 2 fly fisherman to a gravel beach at which I quickly exited. My "friends" kept tubing and I started walking. I trekked 2 miles in the Alabama summer heat to a friend's house. On the way I acquired two real nice blisters on my feet and was chased by a crazy man on a lawnmower. Down the sidewalk. Seriously.

Other than that episode, I really enjoyed the summer. One real highlight for me was being able to speak at my home church's youth camp. I also got a chance to visit New Orleans again and see the progress being made there. It was another great summer and I want to thank everyone involved from the people I met to the ones who invited me to minister. And especially those of you who pray for me! Thank you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home